Serafina Energy Ltd. is looking for team-focused and accountable individuals with strong technical experience. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is a Canadian, private, heavy oil company with properties strategically comprised of high-quality, proven, low risk assets. Founded in 2013 and backed by global and local Private Equity partners, the company is producing over 25,000 barrels per day at our Edam, Meota West, Meota West 2, and Meota East facilities. Future projects within our core areas are currently in various stages of development.
Serafina is committed to being a High Performance Team focused on creating value for our stakeholders in an empowering and safe environment. The ability to execute on our initiatives is a result of the dedication of our employees and the commitment to our core values:
Collaboration: We are committed to contributing, listening and working together to make quality decisions
Integrity: We are committed to honouring our word through responsible and accountable actions
Design Thinking: We are committed to being proactive in clearly planning out our path to effective execution
Challenge: We support team members to create a safe environment to engage in possibility thinking and dialogue
Serafina Energy Ltd. is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: CBR Operator (Crude by Rail)
Location: North Battleford, SK
Reports to: Facility Manager, CBR
The CBR Operator is accountable to the Facility Manager and will initially support with the commissioning and start-up of the Crude by Rail Facility in the North Battleford area. The facility will target to transport 20,000 – 30,000 bbls/day of crude. Once the project is up and running the CBR Operator will support the Facility Manager in ensuring that the facility operates safely, and efficiently with minimal down time. The successful candidate must be highly motivated, use good judgment, and be able to communicate within a multi-disciplinary team.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in commissioning activities
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the facility equipment
- Support maintenance activities
- Participate in Serafina’s maintenance and integrity program for operating facilities
- Set an example in safety leadership with Serafina’s employees and contractors
- Support Serafina’s Safety Management Plan
- Troubleshoot, repair and resolve process problems
- Monitor and control facility conditions while maintaining proper documentation including: safety and environmental reports, operator logs, and maintenance records
- Understand and perform safety, environmental and regulatory responsibilities such as hazard identification, equipment lock out, emergency response, and implement safe working procedures.
- Ensure effective communication with all Serafina personnel and departments as well as service providers
- Perform Trackmobile operation and Switchperson duties safely and efficiently (this includes the ability to pull self-up and down from a railcar on a continuous basis, ability to lift and twist air hoses, ability to secure rail car brakes, derails, and switches).
- Plan safe & efficient rail moves
- Operate the control panel
- Complete track inspections
- Load railcars (this includes performing pre/post load inspections, connection/disconnection of loading system)
- Perform facility inspections and maintain site cleanliness.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Railcar Mover operating experience
- Railway Switchperson experience
- Experience with Railway Track Inspection
- Experience working on a control panel
- Crude by rail facility operational experience preferred
- Valid Class 5 Driver's license
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Team player with strong leadership, interpersonal, and mentorship skills
- Committed to best practices in Health, Safety and Environmental management
- Demonstrate integrity, accountability, and good decision-making skills
- Must be able to take initiative to implement and follow through on improvements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Conduct business in a professional, ethical way with a focus on community responsibility
- Self-motivated, open-minded and results orientated
- The individual will be required to work in all weather conditions during day and night shifts, 365 days a year
Apply to: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/57808?s=fc
Serafina is a dynamic, private, well-funded operator capable of providing the successful candidate an exciting opportunity. This is a position for a team-focused and accountable individual with strong technical experience to join a team creating significant value. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.