Serafina Energy Ltd. is looking for team-focused and accountable individuals with strong technical experience. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is a Canadian, private, heavy oil company with properties strategically comprised of high-quality, proven, low risk assets. Founded in 2013 and backed by global and local Private Equity partners, the company is producing over 15,000 barrels per day at its Edam and Meota facilities. Future projects within our core areas are currently in various stages of development.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Production Engineer
Location: Calgary, AB
Reports to: Manager, Production
The Production Engineer will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to optimize production. The Production Engineer will also be responsible and accountable for optimizing the company’s resources through the planning and execution of pad facility design, new well completions and executing the new well start-up plans. This position will support Management to ensure that all production and capital inputs are captured in the exploration and development planning, design and operations of the company’s heavy oil thermal assets.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Provide recommendations and lead daily well pair optimization plans
- Recommend well completion designs and workover operations
- Propose and implement new well start-up plans with field operations
- Manage disposal completions, testing and applications
- Work with the Exploitation Engineer to provide production forecasts
- Provide support to field staff during plant commissioning and well start-ups
- Provide input to plant and pad facility design
- Communicate key production concepts to team members and Management
- Support Production Accounting for volumetric reporting
- Occasional travel to site to provide on-site support
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years related industry experience directly involved with production/completions aspects of thermal project development and operations
- University Degree in Engineering; registration or eligibility for membership with APEGA
- SAGD field operating experience is an asset
- Strong understanding of SAGD operations
- Experience in new well start-ups is required
- Knowledge of various completions, lift techniques and optimization
- Strong computer skills and experience with PI Historian and WellView are assets
- Goal-oriented and capable of meeting deadlines
- Creative thinking approach for finding solutions to best optimize Production growth strategies
- Highly organized with excellent analytical, integration and project management abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-focused skills with the ability to demand results
Apply to: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/42672
Serafina is a dynamic, private, well-funded operator capable of providing the successful candidate an opportunity to participate in its highly competitive long-term incentive program. This is a position for a team-focused and accountable individual with strong technical experience to join a team creating significant value. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.