Serafina Energy Ltd. is looking for team-focused and accountable individuals with strong technical experience. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is a Canadian, private, heavy oil company with properties strategically comprised of high-quality, proven, low risk assets. Founded in 2013 and backed by global and local Private Equity partners, the company is producing over 15,000 barrels per day at its Edam and Meota facilities. Future projects within our core areas are currently in various stages of development.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Plant Process Operator
Location: Edam, Meota West, or Meota East
Reports to: Facility Manager
This unique opportunity will support ongoing operational activities at the existing Edam or Meota West SAGD facility or Commissioning and Ready for Operations activities at the upcoming Meota East facility.
The Plant Process Operator is accountable to the Facility Manager. The Plant Operator will be responsible for ensuring the oil treatment and de-oiling facility operates safely, and efficiently with minimal down time. The individual must be highly motivated and able to work in a team environment.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Support in the completion of all pre-startup deliverables for operations staff prior to commissioning. Deliverables include but are not limited to: develop and review of standard operating procedures, system asset identification, critical equipment identification, critical equipment PM planning, labeling of process equipment/piping (applicable to Meota East Plant).
- Participate in commissioning plant facilities (applicable to Meota East Plant)
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of assigned equipment
- Set an example in safety leadership with Serafina’s employees and contractors
- Perform housekeeping, performance monitoring, and maintenance activities in the plant site
- Understand and perform safety, environmental and regulatory responsibilities such as hazard identification, equipment lock out, emergency response, and implement safe working procedures
- Ensure effective communication with the operations team members as well as maintenance, and supervisory staff
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years thermal operating experience with a combination of plant/field experience
- A strong understanding of plant processes used in SAGD facilities
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate
- Familiarity in writing Safe Work Permits and the use of field level Hazard Assessments
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver's license
- Able to interpret facility drawings (i.e. PID’s, H&M Balance sheets, line lists, and shutdown keys)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A strong team player, capable of working closely with a variety of groups but also a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated, open-minded and results orientated
- High awareness and understanding of potential process safety incidents
- Conduct business in a professional, ethical way with a focus on community responsibility
- Delta V DCS familiarity is an asset
- The individual will be required to work a 7 days on and 7 days off schedule alternating between days and nights once the facility is operational, during the fabrication/construction portion the individual schedule will be discussed during the interview process
Note: This is a local position. To be considered you must live within 45 minutes of the Edam or Meota plant. Relocation expenses will not be covered.
Apply to: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/40145?s=fc
Serafina is a dynamic, private, well-funded operator capable of providing the successful candidate an opportunity to participate in its highly competitive long-term incentive program. This is a position for a team-focused and accountable individual with strong technical experience to join a team creating significant value. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.