Serafina Energy Ltd. is looking for team-focused and accountable individuals with strong technical experience. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is a Canadian, private, heavy oil company with properties strategically comprised of high-quality, proven, low risk assets. Founded in 2013 and backed by global and local Private Equity partners, the company is producing over 15,000 barrels per day at its Edam and Meota facilities. Future projects within our core areas are currently in various stages of development.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Logistics Representative - Energy Marketing
Location: Calgary, AB
Reports to: Team Lead, Marketing
The Logistics Representative - Energy Marketing utilizes sound judgment to coordinate the implementation of strategies to deliver and optimize Serafina’s heavy oil sales in a complex marketing environment. The successful candidate will support daily operational and logistical requirements related to oil scheduling and delivery.
The successful candidate is a critical thinker with strong analytical skills, clear concise communication, organizational skills, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. This individual will have a solid logistical background dealing with trucking and rail.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Liaise extensively with internal operations and external trucking groups to effectively and efficiently coordinate commodity sales
- Support the Marketing Team in maintaining a balanced position between production and various pipeline and rail terminal sales nominations
- Develop detailed knowledge of Serafina’s producing assets, their associated transportation options, and applicable commitments
- Identify and analyze opportunities to increase netbacks through transportation mitigation and/or optimization for both truck and rail
- Recognize and recommend new or alternative downstream market opportunities
- Gather, analyze, and assist with the preparation of monthly activity reporting
- Support production accounting during month-end settlements, accruals, and reconciliations for oil sales, natural gas purchases and transportation services
- Cross train and provide back up to other team members across a wide range of marketing functions
- Provide on-call support on evenings and weekends
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Marketing, Finance, Engineering or related field is preferred
- Minimum 5 years oil marketing and logistics experience is required, preferably in heavy oil
- Experience with the marketing and logistics of crude by rail, including rail scheduling and rail terminal operations
- Superior analytical skills with intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Proven team player, with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying and taking on duties outside their scope of work
- Self-motivated and results orientated
Apply to: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/44699?s=fc
Serafina is a dynamic, private, well-funded operator capable of providing the successful candidate an opportunity to participate in its highly competitive long-term incentive program. This is a position for a team-focused and accountable individual with strong technical experience to join a team creating significant value. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.