Serafina Energy Ltd. is looking for team-focused and accountable individuals with strong technical experience. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is a Canadian, private, heavy oil company with properties strategically comprised of high-quality, proven, low risk assets. Founded in 2013 and backed by global and local Private Equity partners, the company is producing over 20,000 barrels per day at our Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) facilities. Future projects within our core areas are currently in various stages of development.
Serafina is committed to being a High Performance Team focused on creating value for our stakeholders in an empowering and safe environment. The ability to execute on our initiatives is a result of the dedication of our employees and the commitment to our core values:
Collaboration: We are committed to contributing, listening and working together to make quality decisions
Integrity: We are committed to honouring our word through responsible and accountable actions
Design Thinking: We are committed to being proactive in clearly planning out our path to effective execution
Challenge: We support team members to create a safe environment to engage in possibility thinking and dialogue
Serafina Energy Ltd. is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Facility Manager, Crude by Rail
Location: North Battleford, SK
Reports to: Director, Operations
Serafina has a unique opportunity for an individual to support the engineering, and construction activities while leading the commissioning/operations team to a successful facility start-up. This is Serafina’s first Crude By Rail Facility the individual will be required to develop and create the operating strategy that is specific to the facility leveraging off the existing processes used at the other SAGD facilities.
The facility will target to transport 20,000 – 30,000 bbls/day of crude with the utilization of fixed loading racks. Once the project is up and running the Facility Manager will be accountable for ensuring that the facility runs safely, and efficiently. The successful candidate must be highly motivated, be able to work within a multi-disciplinary team to strategize the operations of the facility, and provide leadership to operations staff in the plant.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and support collaboratively with the Commissioning Team, to achieve the commissioning and development of pre-startup deliverables for the facility including;
- The development and Implementation of:
- HSE Standards
- Emergency Response Plan
- Facility Maintenance Plan
- Site Access Control Procedures
- Contractor Management Plan
- Operating Safe Work Procedures and Policies
- Staff Training Requirements and Programs
- Budgeting and Financial Reporting Processes
- Maintenance and Operational Record Keeping Processes
- Manage the day-to-day facility operations to ensure safe and efficient operations of the plant equipment including;
- Liason with Serafina’s Marketing group with related analyses and related issues as they arise
- Support the effective Supply Chain Management of railcar and truck fleets
- Support facility maintenance planning and scheduling
- Identify and scope opportunities to maximize facility efficiencies, minimize operating costs, and eliminate downtime
- Participate in and maintain financial responsibilities including the development of monthly and annual budgets, and the development of annual capital spending opportunities
- Understand and perform safety, environmental and regulatory responsibilities such as hazard identification, equipment lock out, emergency response, and implement safe working procedures
- The integration of Serafina’s MOC process
- Provide Safety Leadership with employees and contractors
- Promote effective communication with a multi-disciplinary team
- The development and Implementation of:
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 5 years management experience at a crude by rail facility
• Specific knowledge in rail operations, maintenance, and transportation.
• Specific knowledge in trucking operations, maintenance and transportation.
• Specific Knowledge in Transport Canada and provincial regulations
• Knowledge in Occupational Health Safety and Environment Regulations
• Strong Conviction towards employee, public and environmental safety
• Understanding of accounting processes, eg. forecasting OPEX, budgeting, and accruals
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Must possess a valid Class 5 driver's license
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
• Self-motivated, open-minded and results orientated
• Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Perform duties independently with minimum supervision
• Able to interpret facility drawings (i.e. PID’s, H&M Balance sheets, line lists, and shutdown keys)
• The individual will be required to work a 5 on 2 off schedule with a residence in the North Battleford area.
Apply to: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/53611?s=fc
Serafina is a dynamic, private, well-funded operator capable of providing the successful candidate an opportunity to participate in its highly competitive long-term incentive program. This is a position for a team-focused and accountable individual with strong technical experience to join a team creating significant value. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.