Serafina Energy Ltd. is looking for team-focused and accountable individuals with strong technical experience. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is a Canadian, private, heavy oil company with properties strategically comprised of high-quality, proven, low risk assets. Founded in 2013 and backed by global and local Private Equity partners, the company is producing over 15,000 barrels per day at its Edam and Meota facilities. Future projects within our core areas are currently in various stages of development.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Exploitation Engineer (2 positions)
Location: Calgary, AB
Reports To: Team Lead – Producing Assets
Serafina Energy currently has a vacancy for an Exploitation Engineer to join our team in Calgary. Reporting to the Team Lead, Producing Assets, this position will support the evaluation, development and optimization of Serafina’s heavy oil thermal assets. The incumbent’s responsibilities will include creating production forecasts and development plans to optimally exploit the company’s heavy oil thermal resources, providing technical input for production optimization, and conducting technical evaluations on new and existing developments. This role will work as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Lead creation and drafting of development plans for all assets
- Utilize exploitation knowledge to provide optimum field development strategies
- Create production forecasts for all assets
- Support execution of Serafina drilling programs
- Recommend strategies for field and well pair optimization based on reservoir performance
- Provide technical support on projects for field optimization
- Support technical assessments of resource and reserve evaluations
- Manage asset budgets including production and financial inputs
- Communicate key exploitation concepts to team members and management
- Other exploitation duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5 to 10 years of related industry experience directly involved with exploitation aspects of thermal project development and operations.
- Strong understanding of SAGD operations
- Experience in working as an active member of a producing asset is required
- Experience in subsurface field development planning is required
- Knowledge of Reservoir Engineering SAGD principles
- Demonstrated time management skills for achieving short and long-term deadlines
- Highly organized self starter with excellent analytical, integration and project management abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-focused skills
- Proficient in Microsoft programs
- Experience with well planning software, data management and analytics, and economic evaluations an asset
- University Degree in Engineering; registration or eligibility for membership with APEGA or APEGS
Apply to: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/41130?s=fc
Serafina is a dynamic, private, well-funded operator capable of providing the successful candidate an opportunity to participate in its highly competitive long-term incentive program. This is a position for a team-focused and accountable individual with strong technical experience to join a team creating significant value. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.