Serafina Energy Ltd. is looking for team-focused and accountable individuals with strong technical experience. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is a Canadian, private, heavy oil company with properties strategically comprised of high-quality, proven, low risk assets. Founded in 2013 and backed by global and local Private Equity partners, the company is producing over 25,000 barrels per day at our Edam, Meota West, and Meota East facilities. Future projects within our core areas are currently in various stages of development. We are currently recruiting multiple positions to support our growth as we progress our fourth project, Meota West 2.
Serafina is committed to being a High Performance Team focused on creating value for our stakeholders in an empowering and safe environment. The ability to execute on our initiatives is a result of the dedication of our employees and the commitment to our core values:
Collaboration: We are committed to contributing, listening and working together to make quality decisions
Integrity: We are committed to honouring our word through responsible and accountable actions
Design Thinking: We are committed to being proactive in clearly planning out our path to effective execution
Challenge: We support team members to create a safe environment to engage in possibility thinking and dialogue
Serafina Energy Ltd. is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Steam Lead (Chief Steam Engineer)
Location: Meota Facility
Reports to: Facility Manager
The Steam Lead will assist the Facility Manager in day to day troubleshooting tasks for the facility and implementing Serafina’s safety program. They will be responsible for assisting field staff with maintenance activities, mentoring staff during the completion of their training and assisting with the implementation of Serafina’s Management of Change Program.
The Steam Lead will be responsible for the operations of the Water Treatment System, 5X 90 mm BTU OTSG’s, and the Utilities area for the facility. This position will be the designated Chief Steam Engineer for the facility and will be required to full fill their duties as per the Saskatchewan Boiler and Pressure Vessel Regulations. This position works closely with the operating staff to ensure that all site equipment is operated and maintained safely, efficiently and in compliance to all applicable legislation. The individual must be highly motivated and able to work in a team environment.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all pressure and process equipment complies with current engineering standards and TSASK Legislation
- Work closely with the Maintenance Group to manage the site Asset’s Integrity Management Program, this includes participating in weekly work order meetings as well as scope defining meetings for Preventive Maintenance programs.
- Provide input to the Management of Change process and future Development Projects to optimize plant efficiency
- Ensure compliance with OH&S regulations
- Provide input for budget forecasting and plant budget management
- Provide input into the development of staff as per the operations training program
- Support Serafina’s Safety Management Plan, tasks include; collaborate with vendors to ensure they are following Serafina’s HSE practices, closeout of Hazard id’s, support HSE personal during incident investigations, and perform regular site inspections
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Ability to provide oversight, guidance and training to employees
Desired Skills and Experience:
- First Class Power Engineering Certificate valid in the province of Saskatchewan.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Minimum 10 years SAGD operations experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a supervisory role
- Must be familiar with operations of Once Through Steam Generators
- Must be familiar with Multimedia Filters and Sodium Zeolite softener systems
- Team player with strong leadership, interpersonal, and mentorship skills
- Proven experience as supervisor or relevant role
- Written communication skills include the ability to prepare correspondence, proposals, and the ability to outline procedures
- Committed to best practices in Health, Safety and Environmental management
- Familiar with reading facility drawings and understanding equipment specifications
- Must be able to take initiative to implement and follow through on improvements
- Self-motivated, open-minded and results oriented
- Conduct business in a professional, ethical way with a focus on community responsibility
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook applications
Apply to: Click here to apply now!
Serafina is a dynamic, private, well-funded operator capable of providing the successful candidate an opportunity to participate in its highly competitive long-term incentive program. This is a position for a team-focused and accountable individual with strong technical experience to join a team creating significant value. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.