Serafina is looking for team-focused and accountable individuals with strong technical experience. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is a Canadian, private, heavy oil company with properties strategically comprised of high-quality, proven, low risk assets. Founded in 2013 and backed by global and local Private Equity partners, the company is producing over 12,000 barrels per day at its Edam and Meota facilities. Future projects within our core areas are currently in various stages of development.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Manager, Exploitation
Location: Calgary, AB
Reports to: Director, Development
The Exploitation Engineering Manager will work as part of a multidisciplinary team consisting of Land, Geology, Finance, Production Engineering, and Operations. The successful candidate will play a lead role in the subsurface development planning, execution and operating strategies for the company’s thermal heavy oil assets. The candidate will be accountable to ensure the assets are exploited in the most ideal manner and will focus on optimizing the company’s resources through the evaluation and execution of strat well and SAGD well pair drilling, as well as manage budgets and production forecasting.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Manage subsurface budgets, forecasts, and schedules
- Lead a team to create and manage field development plans as well as optimization of well plans for existing properties
- Manage subsurface planning of future assets
- Oversee exploitation initiatives
- Liaise with Finance group to generate and optimize corporate budgets
- Engage in A&D activities as required
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10 – 15 years of oil and gas experience with a minimum of 8 years’ experience directly involved with exploitation/reservoir aspects of thermal project development and operations
- University Degree in Engineering; registration or eligibility for membership with APEGA
- Experience managing exploitation projects and providing leadership to engineering staff
- Strong understanding of SAGD principles and operations
- Experience in subsurface development, budgeting, and forecasting
- Strong computer skills, and experience with geoSCOUT are assets
- Goal-oriented and capable of meeting deadlines
- Highly organized with excellent analytical, integration and project management abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-focused skills
Apply to: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/35595?s=bc
Serafina is a dynamic, private, well-funded operator capable of providing the successful candidate an opportunity to participate in its highly competitive long-term incentive program. This is a position for a team-focused and accountable individual with strong technical experience to join a team creating significant value. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.