Serafina is looking for team-focused and accountable individuals with strong technical experience. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Project Development Engineer – 1 Year Contract
Location: Calgary, AB
Reports to: Manager, Reserves and Project Development
The Project Development Engineer will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to progress new thermal heavy oil assets from the inventory stage through to sanction and first steam. The Project Development Engineer is responsible and accountable for the initiation and front-end planning phases of new greenfield projects. The successful candidate will play an active role in developing comprehensive plans for project de-risking, conceptual engineering, budgeting and conceptual schedule development. This position also leads regulatory application activities across the organization and will play a key role in the consolidation and analysis of the Company’s reserves.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Identify, de-risk, and implement front-end engineering work for new thermal projects
- Provide recommendations on concept development for new thermal projects
- Prepare Level 1 schedules and budgets for new thermal projects
- Lead the preparation of regulatory applications and approvals across the Organization
- Support the consolidation and analysis of the Company’s reserves
- Other duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years related industry experience related with development aspects of thermal projects
- University Degree in Engineering; registration or eligibility for membership with APEGA
- Excellent analytical, integration and project management capabilities
- Goal-oriented and capable of meeting aggressive deadlines in a collaborative environment
- Experience with Saskatchewan regulatory bodies, application and approval processes
- Experience in reserve calculations, economics, and thermal development (SAGD) is preferred
- Must be willing and able to travel and work in the field up to 20% of the time
To apply: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/32443?s=fc
Serafina is a dynamic, private, well-funded operator capable of providing an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate. This is a position for a team-focused, accountable and detail-oriented individual with a strong drive to create value. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.