Serafina is looking for team-focused and accountable individuals with strong technical experience. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is a Canadian, private, start-up, heavy oil company with properties strategically comprised of high-quality, proven, low risk assets. Founded in 2013 and backed by global and local Private Equity partners, the company had an initial capital investment of $250MM. Serafina is now in the process of designing and building its second 6,000 barrel per day thermal SAGD facility to be brought on-stream in 2018.
Serafina Energy Ltd. is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Project Manager/Project Engineer
Location: Calgary, AB
Reports to: Manager, Projects
The Project Manager (PM)/Project Engineer is accountable for all project management functions while driving all technical aspects of the project and ensuring code and regulatory compliance. The PM must be familiar in all phases of project development, execution and have SAGD project experience. The PM must be highly motivated and able to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing correspondence for weekly and monthly reports and presentations
- Accountable for Design Basis Memorandum (DBM), Project Execution Plan (PEP), and other technical drivers such as Process Basis Memorandums (PBM), Construction Execution Plans (CEP), and other relevant specifications and standards
- Review project specification and standards, and ensure that said specifications and standards are aligned with the contractual requirements
- Review piping and mechanical Issued for Construction (IFC) drawings for compliance with project specifications, and consistency with Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Participate in Hazops
- Review Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs)
- Review and approve various technical documents for material/equipment requisitions
- Ensure that vendor data such as drawings, calculations, fabrication schedules, and turn-over documents are in conformance with all applicable codes, standards, and specifications
- Review Inspection Reports, and liaise with the Engineering Contractor for timely resolution of Requests for Information (RFI), Construction Surveillance Reports (CSR), Non-conformance Reports (NCR), Corrective Action Reports (CAR), and Preventive Action Reports (PAR)
- Ensure that the Engineering Contractor prepares Construction Work Packages (CWPs), Work Face Planning documents, and other construction drivers in a timely manner
- Assist in the development and execution (inclusive of monitoring and surveillance) of pre-commissioning and commissioning activities
- Monitor and enforce the corporate Health, Safety, Security, and Environment (HSSE) requirements, and provide timely and effective resolution when impasse is apparent
- The PM shall be the direct line of communication with the Engineering contractor’s PM
Desired Skills and Experience
- Familiar with in-water Infrastructure
- 10+ years of experience in a PM related role in the Oil and Gas industry
- PMP, P.ENG. and/or Asset Certified
- Familiar with SAGD regulatory requirements in Saskatchewan
- Familiar with SAGD facilities, infrastructure and pipelines
- Proven track record managing engineering and construction contractors
- Goal-oriented and capable of meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-focused skills with the ability to demand results
- Must be legally permitted to work in Canada
Serafina is a dynamic, private, well-funded operator capable of providing an opportunity for the successful candidate to join a team creating significant value. This is a position for a team-focused and accountable individual with strong technical experience. Please email your resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.